CityCorps is the young professional engagement program for Plan 2020, the Bicentennial Plan for Indianapolis-Marion County. CityCorps participants apply their talents and critical thinking to the challenges and opportunities faced by Indiana’s capital city.
The Internship program provides eleven of the best and brightest from Indiana universities the opportunity for a long-term internship program that supports five of the technical city plans that are part of Plan 2020. Selected through a competition process, the paid interns are provided community leadership development training by Leadership Indianapolis and also are required to volunteer for a Marion County-based non-profit organization, helping build professional and personal commitment to the city.
The 2014-15 CityCorps Interns
- Cheria Caldwell, Ball State Urban Design
- Kelli Cantrell, IUPUI Anthropology
- Lourenzo Giple, Ball State Architecture
- Daniel Greenfield, Ball State Urban Design
- Erik Hanson, IU Economics
- Marleny Iraheta, Ball State Urban Planning
- Zachary Lutz, Ball State Urban Design
- Kevin Martin, Ball State Urban Design
- Joel Petersen, IU SPEA
- Charles Russell, Ball State Urban Design
- Shown Zhang, IUPUI Public Administration
The Bicentennial Fellowship program engages talented professionals from the Indianapolis area and across the country to infuse new research and cutting-edge ideas into all aspects of Plan 2020. Selected through a request for proposals (RFP) process, the paid fellows work on developing an idea that responds to a specific problem statement developed in response to a need or goal identified by Plan 2020.
CityCorps Street Team
Help Indianapolis become a better city. Join the Plan 2020 CityCorps Street Team and engage the Indianapolis community in discussions about the future of the Circle City. The CityCorps street team is composed of volunteers who are invested in making Indianapolis a better place to live, work and visit. The street teams are deployed to areas of Indianapolis where historically under represented people reside, work or visit. The street team’s primary goals are to:
- Raise awareness about Plan 2020’s overarching goals
- Solicit feedback on what the community values